Friday, January 4, 2013

My nightmare is over!!

Last year I decided to take on my first actual quilting project. My cousin Rachel has been making tons of beautiful quilts and inspired me to try it out! She even came with me to buy the fabric and find a pattern! I ended up purchasing a book and bought a larg quantity of fabrics to make a particular pattern.

Half way through cutting out the fabric I realized that I hadn't picked the easiest of patterns and was starting to get skeptical. Then I started actually sewing... By then I knew for sure I had lost my mind and had picked the worst first quilt pattern of all time! It required me to make 700+ flying geese. This process took lots of time and many rounds of trial and error! I even put it away and made 5 additional quilts with much simpler patterns in the mean time.

Luckily making the other 5 quits helped me realized that I really do like quilting and finally gave me the inspiration to just finish it and move on! I am happy to say I spent my New Year's Day on my sewing machine and finished the top of the quilt! The satisfaction was immense and I am ready to tackle another tricky quilt! I will post more pictures once I have quilted and finished the edges!

No comments:

Post a Comment