Friday, January 4, 2013

The twins room!!

So now that the crazy Christmas chaos is over I am ready to tackle some new home improvement projects! I am also ready to show you a few things I've been working on! Currently my two main areas of focus have been my twins room and our master bedroom. I don't have any pictures of the master bedroom but fear not!! Because I will very soon! I do however have some of the boys room!!

The weekend before Christmas I got a little crazy and decided to finally paint some stripes on the boys' wall! After a couple weeks of everyone in our house being sick I was over laying around and ready to get my hands a little dirty!! I am very pleased with how these stripes turned out and used some tricks I found on Pinterest to make this process a piece of cake!!!

After using a long (yard) level to mark off my stripes, I applied my painters tape. Then I took a small crafters paintbrush and painted some Modge Podge on the tape and the wall, being sure to get it under the seam where the paint would typically bleed under. I then had my wonderful cousin/sister in-law help me paint the stripes which took no time at all!

I was amazed at how perfect the lines were using this method! I seriously could have saved countless hours had I don't this with the white border in Scarlett's room.

I am still debating what I will do with the remaining walls. I am deciding if I will add stripes to a few more or if I will paint them a light grey... More on that later. I also am planning a DIY art project to hang above the cribs that I am very hopeful will be inexpensive and one of a kind!! I also plan to track down a good rustic/chunky shelf to go above the dresser opposite the striped wall. Lastly I will also be on the hunt for a book storage solution (not a book case). Stay tuned! More info/ pictures of the master bedroom will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment